STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PROCESS
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ)’s Transport Department is committed to improving its transportation systems in alignment with the City’s agenda to make public transport and non-motorized transport (NMT) the mode of choice by 2040.
The Civil Concepts Consortium has been appointed to prepare a Transport Master Plan and Implementation Plan for the Randburg Central Business District (CBD).
The Randburg CBD Transport Masterplan (TMP) has the following objectives:
- Create a compact well-connected and accessible transport network that prioritises and promotes more sustainable modes of transport such as public transport, walking and cycling.
- Create open spaces that attract and are useful to the community while uplifting the area aesthetically.
- Optimise land use while improving mobility.
- Evaluate existing, and future transport needs based on planned infrastructure and spatial planning.
- Identify interventions to improve road safety
It is anticipated that this transport master plan will provide the City with a much-needed action plan to transform the Randburg CBD into a thriving economic and social hub, thereby enhancing the lives of the community and visitors alike.
As a valued stakeholder, the City would appreciate your feedback / inputs or ideas for the development of this TMP. Additional information on the project can be accessed here and / or visit the CoJ / JDA Websites.